There is a HUGE kids consignment sale going on in Saratoga on Friday and Saturday and you do not want to miss it. I’ve got two presale passes to give away, click here to enter, a winner will be announced tomorrow, good luck!
I’ll be at the brand new Brook Tavern on Sunday, will I see you there? Get all the info here…xoxo
On Sunday, April 14th from 1-4pm the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library will be holding a Special Needs Resource Fair. This fair will bring together local education, service, recreational and health organizations that provide information, resources or services to children with special needs and their families. This fair is a family event where parents/caregivers and children can explore different resources together. There will also be the following two presentations:
- At 1:15pm- Ten Things You Need To Know before Going Into Your CSE (Committee On Special Education) Meeting. Heather Loukmas, a Special Education Resource Specialist at the Parent Network of the Capital Region, will present. This training will give parents of students with disabilities simple tips they can use to aid in an effective CSE meeting.
- At 2:30pm-Emotions to Advocacy and Everywhere In Between and will be presented by Lisa Janicke from the Autism Society of the Greater Capital Region.
Click here for a list of organizations that will be attending the fair, including Newmeadow School. To read more about Newmeadow including A Conversation About Autism and what to do if you suspect your child has autism spectrum disorder, click right here for the Spring Issue of Mamatoga Magazine.
Looking for something fun for the kids for February Break? Running from February 19 – 22nd the town of Clifton Park will be offering a Winter Wonderland Recreation Camp to Clifton Park residents ages 5-10 (Children must be 5 by January 1, 2013). Activities will include games, crafts and more! Spots are filling up fast, register today!
Date: Session 1 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 9:00 am-11:30 am
Date: Session 2 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
Site: Historic Grooms Tavern, corner of Grooms and Sugarhill roads
click here for more info and to register
Sesame Street Live “Elmo’s Super Heroes” is coming to Glens Falls Civic Center NEXT WEEK and I’m giving away a Family Four Pack of tickets to one lucky reader! Sesame Street Live is a larger-than-life, musical touring stage production featuring Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie…and more. Each performance is 90 minutes of singing, dancing and audience participation, including a 15-minute intermission, the perfect length for little kids! Coming to Glens Falls Civic Center for three shows, Tuesday January 29th at 7pm and Wednesday January 30th at 10:30am and 7pm.
To purchase tickets click here, or to purchase by phone simply call 855-GFCC-TIX. Ticket prices are $12, $16, $21, $29 (Gold Circle) & $50 (Sunny Seats) with Group savings available. Groups of 10+ call 518-798-0202. You can also get the ultimate fan experience with Sunny Seats! The Sunny Seats Package includes a VIP Seat and a pre-show Meet & Greet photo opportunity with two Sesame Street Live friends.
To win a Family Four Pack of tickets to any of the performances, visit the Mamatoga Main Site right here to enter to win!
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library is the Family Film: Disney’s Winnie the Pooh from 2-3:15pm. For all ages. The young and the young at heart can share a wonderful adventure with Pooh and his friends as they search the Hundred Acre Wood for Eeyore’s missing tail, help Christopher Robin with a problem and find some HUNNY. Rated G (63 minutes). This is a DROP-IN event; registration is NOT required. However, children must be accompanied by an adult. Popcorn and a beverage will be available.
- It’s One Direction Day at Rollarama Skating Center from 1-5pm. $6.00 admission, $3.00 for skates. Skate to your favorite One Direction tunes, merchandise giveaways…DVD’s, jewelry, wristbands, backpacks and more!
- Wagging their Tails for Tales: Reading Therapy Dogs is at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children entering grades 1-4 may sign up to read alone, with a sibling, or with a friend. Improve reading skills and gain confidence. Bring your own book or choose from a selection gathered by Youth Services Librarians. Call 371-8622 and ask for Youth Services to make a 15 minute appointment.
- Check out A Royal Reading Adventure at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children in grades K-2 are invited to a regal story and craft time celebrating the prince or princess, king or queen we are at heart. Costumes welcome but not necessary. Registration is REQUIRED, click here to register, openings are still available.
- Check out the Shen Crew Open House from 10am-12pm at the Clifton Park Center Mall. Learn what rowing with the Shen Crew Team is all about. Their winter training site is at CPC Mall to the right of the Theatre Entrance. Programs for Students and Adults. Contact Ellen at
518-369-4748 for more information.
For a list of what’s going on in Saratoga Springs, click here.