Looking for something fun for the kids for February Break? Running from February 19 – 22nd the town of Clifton Park will be offering a Winter Wonderland Recreation Camp to Clifton Park residents ages 5-10 (Children must be 5 by January 1, 2013). Activities will include games, crafts and more! Spots are filling up fast, register today!
Date: Session 1 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 9:00 am-11:30 am
Date: Session 2 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
Site: Historic Grooms Tavern, corner of Grooms and Sugarhill roads
click here for more info and to register
Sesame Street Live “Elmo’s Super Heroes” is coming to Glens Falls Civic Center NEXT WEEK and I’m giving away a Family Four Pack of tickets to one lucky reader! Sesame Street Live is a larger-than-life, musical touring stage production featuring Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie…and more. Each performance is 90 minutes of singing, dancing and audience participation, including a 15-minute intermission, the perfect length for little kids! Coming to Glens Falls Civic Center for three shows, Tuesday January 29th at 7pm and Wednesday January 30th at 10:30am and 7pm.
To purchase tickets click here, or to purchase by phone simply call 855-GFCC-TIX. Ticket prices are $12, $16, $21, $29 (Gold Circle) & $50 (Sunny Seats) with Group savings available. Groups of 10+ call 518-798-0202. You can also get the ultimate fan experience with Sunny Seats! The Sunny Seats Package includes a VIP Seat and a pre-show Meet & Greet photo opportunity with two Sesame Street Live friends.
To win a Family Four Pack of tickets to any of the performances, visit the Mamatoga Main Site right here to enter to win!
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library is the Family Film: Disney’s Winnie the Pooh from 2-3:15pm. For all ages. The young and the young at heart can share a wonderful adventure with Pooh and his friends as they search the Hundred Acre Wood for Eeyore’s missing tail, help Christopher Robin with a problem and find some HUNNY. Rated G (63 minutes). This is a DROP-IN event; registration is NOT required. However, children must be accompanied by an adult. Popcorn and a beverage will be available.
- It’s One Direction Day at Rollarama Skating Center from 1-5pm. $6.00 admission, $3.00 for skates. Skate to your favorite One Direction tunes, merchandise giveaways…DVD’s, jewelry, wristbands, backpacks and more!
- Wagging their Tails for Tales: Reading Therapy Dogs is at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children entering grades 1-4 may sign up to read alone, with a sibling, or with a friend. Improve reading skills and gain confidence. Bring your own book or choose from a selection gathered by Youth Services Librarians. Call 371-8622 and ask for Youth Services to make a 15 minute appointment.
- Check out A Royal Reading Adventure at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children in grades K-2 are invited to a regal story and craft time celebrating the prince or princess, king or queen we are at heart. Costumes welcome but not necessary. Registration is REQUIRED, click here to register, openings are still available.
- Check out the Shen Crew Open House from 10am-12pm at the Clifton Park Center Mall. Learn what rowing with the Shen Crew Team is all about. Their winter training site is at CPC Mall to the right of the Theatre Entrance. Programs for Students and Adults. Contact Ellen at
518-369-4748 for more information.
For a list of what’s going on in Saratoga Springs, click here.
On Sunday, February 10th, there will be a pancake breakfast to raise money to help toward the expensive medical costs for Bailey and Matt at Vischer Ferry Firehouse Station #1 at 360 Riverview Road, Rexford from 8am to 12pm. There will also be a bunch of baskets full of goodies to raffle off. More information will be posted soon, click here for the facebook page for info on how to volunteer to help or to donate items for the raffle. Breakfast cost will be $6 for adults and $3 for children, cash only.