There is a HUGE kids consignment sale going on in Saratoga on Friday and Saturday and you do not want to miss it. I’ve got two presale passes to give away, click here to enter, a winner will be announced tomorrow, good luck!
I’ll be at the brand new Brook Tavern on Sunday, will I see you there? Get all the info here…xoxo
On Sunday, April 14th from 1-4pm the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library will be holding a Special Needs Resource Fair. This fair will bring together local education, service, recreational and health organizations that provide information, resources or services to children with special needs and their families. This fair is a family event where parents/caregivers and children can explore different resources together. There will also be the following two presentations:
- At 1:15pm- Ten Things You Need To Know before Going Into Your CSE (Committee On Special Education) Meeting. Heather Loukmas, a Special Education Resource Specialist at the Parent Network of the Capital Region, will present. This training will give parents of students with disabilities simple tips they can use to aid in an effective CSE meeting.
- At 2:30pm-Emotions to Advocacy and Everywhere In Between and will be presented by Lisa Janicke from the Autism Society of the Greater Capital Region.
Click here for a list of organizations that will be attending the fair, including Newmeadow School. To read more about Newmeadow including A Conversation About Autism and what to do if you suspect your child has autism spectrum disorder, click right here for the Spring Issue of Mamatoga Magazine.
- Story Time for 2 & 3 year olds is at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Library from 10:30-11am. Children must be accompanied by an adult. A lively mix of stories, songs and rhymes makes this a special time for you and your child.
- Story Time Mix for 3-6 year olds is from 1:15-2pm at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Library. This fast-paced program features a lively mix of stories, rhymes and music, and concludes with a simple craft. This drop-in story time is great for siblings that fit within this age range.
- Wind Down Wednesday is from 3-5:30pm at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Library. Teens in grades 6-12 can spend time hanging with friends, playing Wii, board games, doing homework, or whatever. Laptops will be available, or bring your own. SNACKS! Drop-in any time between 3:00 and 5:30 PM.
THURSDAY, MARCH 14th
- Homeschool Lab: NanoScience is at CMOST, the Children’s Museum of Science and Technology from 1-2:30pm. What is nanotechnology and why is it important? Join them for this investigation of all things small! They will experiment cool nano kits and check out nano gold, ferro fluids and more in this hands-on science lab. Children will also have the opportunity to play nano twister and other nano games! Ages 6 – 11, $6.00 per child, pre-registration is required, please call 518-235-2120 for more information or click here.
FRIDAY, MARCH 15th
- Parents Night Out: Follow the Front is at CMOST from 5:30-9pm. Drop the kids off and have a date night out! Kids will learn all about the weather that impacts our daily lives and will create pieces of a weather station and participate in some exciting hands-on experiments. Ages 5+, pre-registration and payment are required, $15.00 for CNSE CMOST members, $20.00 for non-members. Includes programming and a pizza dinner for children. Call 518-235-2120 for more information.
SATURDAY, MARCH 16th
- CMOST has Perfecting Play Dough from 1-2pm. Kids will have a blast as they test out the scientific method needed to create the perfect recipe for play dough and funny putty. Ages 5+, pre-registration is required, free for CNSE CMOST members, $2.00 for non-members. Call 518-235-2120 for more information.
- The Easter Bunny will be at the Clifton Park Center, click here for hours and information.
- This weekend (March 16th and 17th) is the 18th Annual Maple Weekend from 10am-4pm! Hundreds of sugar houses will open their doors for anyone to come see this product that is unique to the Northeast. It’s a great, family friendly way for New York to show off what local food is all about. Participating producers will boil sap into maple syrup and many will demonstrate how to make other maple products. Visitors can sample and purchase maple products as well. Some sugarhouses will provide a variety of other activities to make your visit even more memorable. There are many participating sugar houses just a short drive from here, click right here to get a complete list!
The Rexford Auxiliary Annual Spring Craft & Vendor Fair is from 10am-4pm at the Rexford Fire Station, 1601 Route 146, Rexford. Includes Book Sale, Bake Sale, Lunch Counter & Door Prize Drawings. Also donations gladly accepted for our Local Food Pantry.For More Information Call: 518-399-0051
Looking for something fun for the kids for February Break? Running from February 19 – 22nd the town of Clifton Park will be offering a Winter Wonderland Recreation Camp to Clifton Park residents ages 5-10 (Children must be 5 by January 1, 2013). Activities will include games, crafts and more! Spots are filling up fast, register today!
Date: Session 1 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 9:00 am-11:30 am
Date: Session 2 – February 19-22 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
Site: Historic Grooms Tavern, corner of Grooms and Sugarhill roads
click here for more info and to register
Sesame Street Live “Elmo’s Super Heroes” is coming to Glens Falls Civic Center NEXT WEEK and I’m giving away a Family Four Pack of tickets to one lucky reader! Sesame Street Live is a larger-than-life, musical touring stage production featuring Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie…and more. Each performance is 90 minutes of singing, dancing and audience participation, including a 15-minute intermission, the perfect length for little kids! Coming to Glens Falls Civic Center for three shows, Tuesday January 29th at 7pm and Wednesday January 30th at 10:30am and 7pm.
To purchase tickets click here, or to purchase by phone simply call 855-GFCC-TIX. Ticket prices are $12, $16, $21, $29 (Gold Circle) & $50 (Sunny Seats) with Group savings available. Groups of 10+ call 518-798-0202. You can also get the ultimate fan experience with Sunny Seats! The Sunny Seats Package includes a VIP Seat and a pre-show Meet & Greet photo opportunity with two Sesame Street Live friends.
To win a Family Four Pack of tickets to any of the performances, visit the Mamatoga Main Site right here to enter to win!
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library is the Family Film: Disney’s Winnie the Pooh from 2-3:15pm. For all ages. The young and the young at heart can share a wonderful adventure with Pooh and his friends as they search the Hundred Acre Wood for Eeyore’s missing tail, help Christopher Robin with a problem and find some HUNNY. Rated G (63 minutes). This is a DROP-IN event; registration is NOT required. However, children must be accompanied by an adult. Popcorn and a beverage will be available.
- It’s One Direction Day at Rollarama Skating Center from 1-5pm. $6.00 admission, $3.00 for skates. Skate to your favorite One Direction tunes, merchandise giveaways…DVD’s, jewelry, wristbands, backpacks and more!
- Wagging their Tails for Tales: Reading Therapy Dogs is at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children entering grades 1-4 may sign up to read alone, with a sibling, or with a friend. Improve reading skills and gain confidence. Bring your own book or choose from a selection gathered by Youth Services Librarians. Call 371-8622 and ask for Youth Services to make a 15 minute appointment.
- Check out A Royal Reading Adventure at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library from 4-5pm. Children in grades K-2 are invited to a regal story and craft time celebrating the prince or princess, king or queen we are at heart. Costumes welcome but not necessary. Registration is REQUIRED, click here to register, openings are still available.
- Check out the Shen Crew Open House from 10am-12pm at the Clifton Park Center Mall. Learn what rowing with the Shen Crew Team is all about. Their winter training site is at CPC Mall to the right of the Theatre Entrance. Programs for Students and Adults. Contact Ellen at
518-369-4748 for more information.
For a list of what’s going on in Saratoga Springs, click here.